How to complete this week's Treasure Map challenge in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Greasy Grove Treasure Map guide will show you where to find the hidden Battle Stars and complete this Week 5 Challenge.
Week 5’s brought with it a brand new Treasure map to track down and this time you’ll find it tucked away in Greasy Grove. As always, you’ll need to give it a close inspection, follow the clues and track down the treasure located somewhere on Fortnite’s map.
If you manage to find the treasure, the Battle Stars you’ve earned will work towards levelling up your Season 4 Battle Pass. With this said it’s far from easy as you’ll need to rely solely on map knowledge.
It’s well worth going after the treasure though, as the Battle Stars will go towards unlocking more cosmetic goodies for your playable character. You’ll get Gliders, Pickaxes, Backblings, Outfits and more if you pursue these tricky challenges each week – we’re here to help you on that front.
Below we’ve put together a walkthrough based on niitq’s video which’ll guide you towards the treasure. Make sure you give it a watch as it’ll help you get a better idea of where the treasure lies.
For help with every other challenge, make sure you check out our Week 5 Challenges guide!
Video by niitq
- Pause the video at 0:12 and you’ll see the Greasy Grove Treasure map on screen. The ‘X’ is marked right in the center of what looks vaguely like a skull.
- This ‘skull’ structure turns out to be the large hillside North East of Snobby Shores.
- You’ll want to start floating towards Snobby Shores when you first exit the Battle Bus and as you draw closer, start swinging to the North Eastern mountain side.
- There’s actually a large entrance at the top towards the center. You can either land right on the top and run down onto it, or land directly on the steps.
- We’d recommend landing right on these steps as it’ll take you straight to the Battle Stars with zero hassle.
- You’ll know if you’ve found the right spot as the shining Battle Stars will sprout from the ground in front of you! Make sure you interact with them for a second or two to claim your reward!
- Also make sure you check your UI to see if the Challenge has been ticked off too.
- If you’re struggling to find this location, bring niitq’s video up on another screen while you’re in-game as it’ll really help you out.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
If you found the video useful, do make sure to give the creator a thumbs-up and consider subscribing to their channel for more Fortnite: Battle Royale content.
It’s worth mentioning that almost everyone will be shooting for this location over the next few days, so expect a bit of kerfuffle if you’re landing here . You can always postpone this challenge for a week or two and return to this location when things have calmed down a bit.
If you’re struggling to complete the Disco Ball challenge, make sure you read through our “Dance with others to raise the Disco Ball near Loot Lake” page as it contains a step by step guide to finding the location and getting the challenge ticked off!