Get down on the ground before everyone else.
The faster the start you get in Fortnite, the better your chances of winning that all-important Victory Royale.
It might not seem like a big difference, but getting down on the ground ahead of the pack gives a definite advantage. The faster you gear up, the better you’ll do.
When we first started playing the game, we couldn’t work out how all those other players were managing to get on the ground at least 10 seconds before we did. They even managed it while targeting the exact same zone as well!
The method for landing quickly is never explicitly explained in Fortnite. It’s a technique that will lie agonisingly out of reach unless someone tells you how to do it.
Fortunately, that’s exactly what this article is here to do for you.
We’ve got a simple step by step guide to marking your target landing spot, then getting out of that bus and putting boots on ground.
When you’re done reading this guide, you’ll know:
- How to land faster in Fortnite
- Common myths about landing quickly in Fortnite
We’ve broken down the steps for you further down the page. For now, here’s a visual guide to landing faster in Fortnite:
How to get a quick landing
Here’s how to land faster and get the loot before everyone else in Fortnite.
- Choose the location you want to drop in, but whatever you do don’t jump from the bus directly above it!
- Instead, you’ll need to do some forward planning and dive bomb into an area that’s close by, so you can glide into your chosen location. What’s essential if you want a quick landing is that you avoid any hills, mounds or elevated terrain. This will cause your parachute to deploy much earlier than you’d like.
- The game automatically deploys your parachute once it detects that you’re close to hitting solid ground. Ideally you want to aim for patches of land that are at as low an altitude as possible.
- The plan here is to deploy your parachute so you’re initially close to the ground, and then glide towards your destination. Don’t just float slowly downwards over your target.
- You’ll get better at judging how far away you need to jump off the Battle Bus initially in order to get to various locations around the map. Keep practicing and you’ll get the hang of it.
- So in summary: Pick a location, jump off and dive bomb into an area nearby that’s at a low altitude. From there just glide into your destination. That’ll help you get off to the kind of quick landing that keeps you ahead of the pack – and looting first.
Here are some myths about landing faster in Fortnite that are worth clearing up once and for all!
- Different Gliders don’t make you drop any faster than others.
- Umbrellas do not give you any advantages. They function just the same as normal Gliders.
- You cannot upgrade Gliders.
- Dropping straight over your target and holding down forwards isn’t faster. It’s actually far slower!