Everything we know so far about this LTM.
Our Fortnite x Avengers LTM guide contains everything we know so far about this upcoming Fortnite and Avengers Endgame crossover limited time event.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re probably aware that a certain Avengers film is about to arrive. Well, Fortnite’s been teasing an Avengers Endgame crossover event, which will coincide with the film’s release and provide players with all sorts of in-game Avengers themed goodies.
This isn’t the first time Fortnite has played host to a Fortnite mashup, as it was only last year that players could dive bomb around the map and shooter lasers as big baddie Thanos.
To give you a better idea of what to expect from the upcoming Fortnite x Avengers event, we’ve put together a guide which contains everything we know so far. We’ll update this page further as we hear more, and completely overhaul it once the event gets underway.
The Endgame LTM is now live!
Here’s a complete breakdown of how it all works:
- Endgame features a team of heroes fighting to stop Thanos and his Chitauri from claiming all six Infinity Stones.
- Both teams respawn when eliminated until the other side completes their objective.
- On one side is the Hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the enemy team has found all six Infinity Stones.
- Heroes start with a treasure map that leads directly to a Mythic Avengers item.
- Other Avengers items can be found in Chests throughout the map.
- The goal for the Hero team is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
- Team Thanos is comprised of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos himself.
- Chitauri Invaders start with a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
- The first Chitauri to recover an Infinity stone will be transformed into Thanos.
- Thanos has a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack, and the ability to jump high into the air and then smash anything in his way when he comes back down.
- Each time an Infinity Stone is claimed, Thanos’ abilities grow more powerful and the Chitauri gain health.
- Reality Stone (Red) = Heath & Shields doubled (1000->2000)
- Soul Stone (Orange) = Siphon activated (grants Thanos shields only)
- Mind Stone (Yellow) = Jump height doubled
- Space Stone (Blue) = Ground Pound AOE size tripled, damage x6
- Time Stone (Green) = Big knockback added to each hit, damage x3
- Power Stone (Purple) = Laser damage x6
- If Thanos is eliminated from the match, another Chitauri will become him after a short wait (unless Thanos is the last one standing).
- If Thanos & the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, Heroes will no longer be able to respawn.
- The goal for Thanos and his army is to find the stones and then eliminate the remaining heroes.
Fortnite x Avengers: Release date and time
Both teasers for the Avengers LTM confirm that the event will kick off on the 25th of April, 2019.
Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 22, 2019
Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 23, 2019
Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 24, 2019
Thanks to an update message over on Playstation 4, we also know that the Fortnite x Avengers event ends on May 5th at 7pm CT, although this hasn’t been confirmed by Epic so this could change.
Fortnite x Avengers: What can we expect?
Based on last year’s Thanos crossover, we have an inkling as to what this new Avengers crossover may bring to the game.
– It’ll almost certainly be a separate LTM, so it won’t completely replace the traditional Fortnite Battle Royale mode.
– Fortnite’s last Avengers event introduced a brand new item which turned players into an all-powerful Thanos who could leap across the map, fire laser beams and destroy opponents in seconds. It’s likely Fortnite’s new mode will expand on this, possibly with multiple items and multiple characters from the Avengers universe to control.
– It’s highly likely we’ll be getting Avengers themed skins and cosmetic items this time. Think Thor’s hammer as a pickaxe, or Captain America’s shield as a Back Bling.
That concludes the first iteration of our Fortnite x Avengers guide, but as soon as we know more we’ll update this page with all the latest information – stay tuned!