PUBG latest patch brings with it a complete overhaul of the parachuting system, making the whole plane to ground process much more responsive.
Hop into PUBG right now and you’ll find changes to freefalling, parachuting and landing. Here’s an overview of all the tweaks:
- Holding SPRINT [Default SHIFT] now puts you into a dive at full speed straight down towards the ground.
- Turning speed is now much faster and has increased control, responsiveness, and precision.
- Added new freefall animations and increased overall control and responsiveness.
- Holding SPRINT [Default SHIFT] helps you drop faster and land quicker.
- Holding WALK [Default LCTRL] lets you glide, when you want to travel a longer distance.
- You can now cut the parachute while relatively close to the ground, while still moving through the air. This can be used to strategically to get to your drop point faster, but be careful, as you can take damage if you drop too far.
- Added new landing animations.
- The speed in which you land matters, as landing too fast may force your character to roll, or roll for longer, before you can gain full control of your movement.
- Colliding with buildings or objects while parachuting will now automatically cut your parachute. Be careful!
- The parachute no longer disappears instantly after landing.
These changes should make for a less janky start to each match, and will likely promote greater early game strategies in the pro scene.
Also included in this patch are a brand new map winter themed map, Vikendi, as well as the new G36C assault rifle and Snowmobile.