Here's how to conquer every game of Capture the Flag.
Our Call of Duty: WW2 – Capture the Flag guide contains tips, tricks and strategy advice to help you top the leaderboard.
It wouldn’t be a multiplayer shooter without Capture the Flag would it? Call of Duty WW2’s iteration of the classic mode doesn’t change up the winning formula and opts to keep it the way it’s always been – making for a very fun time indeed.
Teams will fight to capture the opponent’s flag and run it back to their own base. It’s all about paying attention to the objective, coordination and speed which ultimately makes for one of the most exciting game modes in Call of Duty WW2.
Below we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through the ins and outs of Capture the Flag and provide you with some strategy advice that’ll get you winning matches from the off.
Head back to our main Call of Duty: WW2 multiplayer guide for expert insight on every other area of the competitive game!
How does Capture the Flag Work?
- Two teams of 6 players.
- Each team has a flag that spawns in their base on opposing sides of the map.
- Teams must capture the opposing team’s flag and bring it back to their own base.
- If you successfully bring the enemy’s flag back to your base, you will score 1 point.
- Each match is split into two rounds. If a team reaches 3 points the round will end and both teams will swap sides. If neither team have any points, the round comes to a close after 5 minutes.
- The first team to reach 6 points wins.
- There is a 4 second wait time before each respawn.
- If your team’s captured the flag, make sure you pinpoint their location and go back them up. As long as you’re there to soak up bullets and distract the opposition – you’re doing the right job.
- Conversely, if you’ve noticed the enemy has taken your flag, make sure you check the HUD for a red marker and hunt them down before they secure a point!
- We recommend being a little hesitant when pushing the objective on your lonesome. Often we’ve tried to be sneaky and nab the enemy’s flag in plain sight, but it’s never really gone well for us. It’s far better to have some backup, so if you go down, they can quickly grab the flag and leg it a little further.
- Choosing a weapon that’s right for the map you’re playing on is key to doing well in Capture the Flag – or in any game mode for that matter. If you’re battling enemies in a map riddled with corners and tight spaces, equip a submachine gun or shotgun. Otherwise, a sniper rifle or semi-automatic rifle will serve you well in more open spaces.
- Remember that your kill-death ratio doesn’t necessarily count for anything in Capture the Flag, so prioritise the objective at hand.
- Every time you get a kill, the enemy will have to wait for around 4 seconds before they can respawn. Take advantage of this spawn time by pushing forwards and gaining ground.
- We found the nimbleness of the Airborne class gave us the greatest advantage when playing Capture the Flag. You’re able to sprint for longer distances and mount obstacles faster than other Divisions, so it’s a nice boost to have!
That’s all we’ve got for now, but we’ll continue to update this guide with further strategy advice as we get more hands on time with Capture the Flag. Keep this article on your radar for more tips and tricks soon!