What's new in Destiny 2 right on the launch window.
Details of the Weekly Reset and the latest Nightfall Strike for the launch window of Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 is now officially out everywhere in the world, and Guardians across the globe are currently busy levelling up, grabbing every bit of gear they can, and preparing for the game’s ultimate end-game challenges.
One of those challenges which you’ll be able to partake in if you’re really, really ahead of the curve is this week’s Nightfall Strike. If you didn’t play the first game, these are basically modified versions of existing Strikes which offer a much meatier challenge in exchange for better rewards.
This week’s Nightfall Strike is The Arms Dealer. If you click that link you’ll be taken to our guide to the Strike in question, which also currently contains a gameplay walkthrough of someone playing the enhanced Nightfall version of the team challenge.
Here’s everything you need to know about this week’s Nightfall Strike with the all important modifiers and challenges included too:
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don’t forget to bookmark our PVP, Strike and Subclass guide pages – they’ve got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
- Prism – Your attacks matching the focused element deal increased damage. All other elemental damage is reduced. Kinetic and incoming damage is unaffected. The focused element rotates periodically.
- Timewarp – Killing Time – Defeat enemies to extend the mission timer, up to a limit.
- Speed of Dark – Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
- Unbroken – Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths
- Trash the Thresher – Shoot down a Thresher while fighting Bracus Zahn.
It’s worth quickly noting that Nightfalls usually rotate every Tuesday, but because Destiny 2 launched on a Wednesday, this is why we’re getting the first Nightfall Strike at this point in time. Expect it to switch back to Tuesdays when the weekly reset takes place. Of course we’ll update you on the site anyway, so keep us bookmarked if you want to know what Nightfalls are taking place each week!
No mean feat then, all things considered. Did you actually manage to beat the Nightfall version of The Arms Dealer so early on at launch? Let us know about your experience in the comments!