Destiny 2: Legend of Acrius guide (Destroyer of Worlds) – How to unlock the raid Exotic Shotgun
How to unlock one of the most powerful Exotic Weapons in Destiny 2.
Our Legend of Acrius guide explains how to unlock this Exotic Shotgun by completing the Leviathan raid and a series of follow-up quests.
During all of the frantic data-mining that’s taken place since Destiny 2 went live, a certain Exotic shotgun has been causing no small amount of excitement, yet no one has seen it drop in the game yet. It’s widely believed that this is because this powerful weapon is partially unlocked by completing the Leviathan raid that only went live yesterday evening.
As a result, a lot of the content in our Legend of Acrius guide is based on a combination of data-mining, speculation, and emergent information based on those who have so far managed to beat the raid. Suffice to say it’s subject to many changes over time. Stay tuned for updates, but for now we believe this is everything you need to do to complete the Destroyer of Worlds and unlock Legend of Acrius for yourself.
We’ll make a note of any future updates right here, so you always know what the latest information is.
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don’t forget to bookmark our PVP, Campaign walkthrough and Subclass guide pages – they’ve got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
Legend of Acrius – Everything we know
First of all, let’s talk about the weapon itself. It’s an Arc energy shotgun with the kind of long-range damage that’s going to make people cry in the Crucible. Here are all of the Perks for this weapon:
- Accurized Rounds – Increases range.
- Fitted Stock – Higher stability, lower handling speed.
- Full Bore – Increased range at expense of stability ability and handling speed.
- Long March – Radar detects enemies from farther away when weapon is equipped.
- Shock Blast – Fires high-damage Arc energy that over-penetrates enemies.
Legend of Acrius Quest Chain
That’s the weapon, then, but how do you actually go about unlocking it?
Here’s what we do right now about completing the chain:
1. On the Comms
This is the first part of the Legend of Acrius quest line, and you gain it from a random drop. Note that although there’s no one particular activity you can do to find this item, you can only actually loot it once you’ve reached Level 20 and have finished the Campaign.
The quest item itself appears in a Power Weapons slot, and if you read the text you’ll see that it tasks you with defeating the Red Legion on Nessus in order to grab a collection of communication devices.
Hot-foot it over to Nessus and land at The Cistern. There are loads of Cabal hanging around here, so go on a rampage until you’ve got all of the devices you need. When that happens, you’ll be notified of the quest completion, and you’ll receive a new item in your inventory called Await The World-Eater.
2. Await the World Eater
There’s very little you have to do to complete this quest. It was completed with the launch of the Leviathan raid yesterday evening, and now provides you with a new quest called Destroyer of Worlds!
3. Destroyer of Worlds
In order to complete Destroyer of Worlds, you’re first of all going to have to beat the Leviathan raid in its entirety. This is going to be no mean feat – to put it mildly – and so the first thing you might want to do is check out our Leviathan raid guide, which explains how to beat all three of the tricky Trials that make up the encounter.
(We’ve also got a Labyrinth guide if you want to go exploring for those secret chests, incidentally.)
Our most popular Destiny 2 guides:
The following links will take you to our most important guide hubs:
4. Next steps
We’ve based these steps on YouTuber Houndish’s video which shows exactly what needs to be done in order to get your hands on this Exotic shotgun. Do bear in mind that there’s a further step right at the end which still hasn’t been completed, but we’ll update this guide once we’ve got official confirmation of the reward or additional steps after this point.
It’s also worth quickly noting that you’ll receive the Legend of Acrius upon completing one of these steps below. However, it’s only got one weapon perk, which means that the additional tasks required are the key to unlocking its true power.
- You will need to speak to Benedict 99-40 at The Tower. You can find him in the basement area just under Ikora Rey.
- You’ll then be given a quest called “End the Arms Dealer” which requires you to complete the Arms Dealer Strike in a set time limit of only 7 minutes. From what we can gather, it’s essentially the equivalent of doing an incredibly tough Prestige Nightfall Strike so coordination is key.
- Once you complete this quest, the Legend of Acrius is instantly unlocked for you! You’ll also receive a letter which you’re meant to give back to Benedict 99-40 at the Tower.
- Once you’ve spoken with Benedict, you’ll gain another quest called “Cabal Killer” which requires you to complete the following steps using the Legend of Acrius shotgun: Eliminate 25 Cabal, eliminate 15 Cabal at close range and eliminate multiple Cabal enemies without reloading 15 times. We recommend doing Public Events at the EDZ to get through this quickly.
- Once you’re done, head back to Benedict 99-40 again. He’s going to give you an item called “His Highness’s Seal” which requires you to gather 100 Emperor Seals to complete. They can be acquired by eliminating bosses and beating the Leviathan Raid.
- Finally, you’ll be required to go back to Benedict 99-40 again. He’ll give you the final weapon perk, maxing out this weapon’s potential in the process!
That’s everything we know about unlocking Legend of Acrius right now, but we’ll be updating this guide continuously over time, until we’ve got the whole quest chain properly wrapped up.
If there’s anything you’ve learned about this weapon that’s not included here, please let us know in the comments so we can investigate and update the article!