Fortnite: 50 vs 50 V2 guide – Tips, tactics and strategy advice
Everything you need to know about 50 vs 50 V2.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale 50 vs 50 V2 guide to this revamped game mode contains all the tips, tricks, and strategy advice you need to come out on top.
One of Fortnite’s most popular Limited Time modes is returning, having been revamped with a bunch of new changes and improvements. The original 50 vs 50 mode mixed up the traditional formula by offering chaotic battles between two enormous teams. It was absolute anarchy but made for some thrilling large scale fights that you normally wouldn’t get to experience.
50 vs 50 V2 is set to bring back the mayhem, but with two Battle Buses instead of one, increased loot spawns and massive forts. We’re guessing that one bus will hold an entire team so it’ll be easier to coordinate where exactly you’ll want to land. Increased loot spawns will also mean that everyone will now have the chance to grab a gun and get stuck in.
Below we’ve put together a guide on everything we know so far about Fortnite’s 50 vs 50 V2 Limited Time Mode and we’ll be updating it considerably once it goes live in game!
50 vs 50 V2 Start and End Date
Here’s when you’ll be able to jump into this revamped mode and when it’ll go offline.
- Start: 18th April 2018
- End: 25th April 2018
What’s the format for 50 vs 50 V2?
Below we’ve put together a complete breakdown of how this mode works and what’s been improved this time around.
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish.
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc).
Storm and Map
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Added dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Bug Fixes and Mode Improvements
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players. Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).
50 vs 50 V2: Tips and Tricks
Here are a few initial pointers to get you up and running with this game mode. We’ll update this section heavily once we’ve had a chance to play a bit ourselves!
Video by Dakotaz
- It’s important to stay grouped up with allies, if you get caught on your own, you’ll be easy pickings!
- Ensure that you’re not forgetting the basics. Harvest materials, manage your inventory and go for those headshots.
- In large scale fights, it’s important not to approach your enemies head on as they’re likely to destroy your defensive structures in seconds. Instead, go for the flank.
- Communicate with your teammates as there will be many more of you than usual. Coordination is key when it comes to getting the drop on your enemies.
- Explosive weapons are great at dealing splash damage and they’re perfect for dropping multiple targets in this game mode!
That’s all we have for now, but we’ll overhaul this guide with more tips and tricks once we’ve had a chance to jump in ourselves. Stay tuned!