Fortnite: Port-A-Fort guide – Tips, tricks and strategy advice
What you need to know about the new Port-A-Fort.
Everything you need to know about the Port-A-Fort Grenade in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Fortnite separates itself from other Battle Royale games with its building mechanics that are easy to use, but hard to master. Fights often involve quickly placing structures to gain an advantage or quickly get on the defensive, and players who’ve mastered building on the fly tend to dominate matches.
Those who aren’t fond of building or simply don’t have the time to put into learning the ins and outs of whacking down structures will certainly appreciate Epic’s latest offering. The Port-A-Fort is a Grenade that “sprouts a quick defensive position upon impact”.
From all the info we’ve been given, it’s essentially a portable fort packed into a tiny Grenade – Fortnite’s take on a pop-up tent. Throw it on the ground and it’ll instantly create a pretty substantial metal fort, which should offer quite a few exciting possibilities for all players, but especially those who aren’t quite as handy when it comes to knocking together a defensive position of their own.
We’ve rounded up everything you need to know about the Port-A-Fort just below!
Get a headstart on the competition by checking out our Week 8 Challenges guide! It’s got information on all this week’s challenge early, along with tips for completing them all too.
Here’s everything we know so far about the new Port-A-Fort, including some speculation as to how we might think it’ll work.
- The Port-A-Fort will be going live on Thursday 12th April 2018 alongside the usual weekly patch.
- The Port-A-Fort is going to be a Grenade that sprouts a defensive position upon impact.
- It’s Epic rarity.
- It’s unlikely to deal any damage upon impact or if an enemy is caught in your fort.
- Drops in stacks of 1. Can stack up to 5 in your inventory.
- When the Port-a-Fort is thrown, a pre-made fort is constructed instantly at the impact point.
- The Port-a-Fort is made out of metal and is three stories tall.
- The bottom floor is 1 x 1 with a door for entry. Tires inside allow for easy access to the roof.
Port-A-Fort Tips and Tricks
Here’s a few tidbits of strategy advice to help you get the most out of the new Port-a-Fort Grenade.
Video by Dakotaz. Skip to 19:04 to see it in action.
- Throw the Port-a-Fort at your feet to enter it instantly as it springs out of the ground.
- You can stack Port-a-Fort’s. Climb up one, place a platform and thrown down another – you’ll now have an enormous tower!
- If you’re closing in on a top 10 situation, it’s worth keeping hold of a Port-a-Fort and using it once you’ve entered the circle to quickly build a defensive position.
- Combine the defensive powers of a Port-a-Fort with the explosive power of the Guided Missile and you’ve got yourself a lovely combination.
- Remember that there’s a door at the bottom of these created Forts, so keep an ear out for any sneaky infiltrators.
That’s all we have for the first version of our Port-A-Fort guide, but keep this page bookmarked for a huge update once it’s gone live in the game!