Fortnite: Battle Royale Blitz guide – Tips, tricks and strategy advice
Everything you need to know about this limited-time game mode.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Blitz guide contains all the tips, tricks, tactics and strategy advice you need to succeed in the new game mode.
Epic’s tampered with the dials once again in Blitz, the latest limited-time game mode to hit Fortnite: Battle Royale. Things are certainly going to more frantic in these games, as the maximum length of each match has been significantly reduced.
Generally speaking Blitz is the traditional Fortnite: Battle Royale you know and love, but everything’s been ramped up to the max. The Storm’s already closing in from the moment the match starts, for example, loot spawns are through the roof, and even harvesting resources will net you far more than usual.
Below we’ve put together a complete guide to when Blitz kicks off, how the mode works and what strategies you should employ to outlast the competition in this turbo-charged version of the game!
Blitz mode: Overview
First up, here’s everything you need to know about the new limited-time mode.
Start and End Date
- Blitz mode starts on 19th March 2018 and will last for roughly one week.
- Blitz has much shorter storm times, resulting in faster and more intense matches!
- Maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
Loot Availability and Harvesting
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Supply Drop spawn interval lessened from 180s (+/- 30s) to 80s (+/- 20s).
- Supply Drop descent time shortened from 60s to 30s.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 100.
- Treasure chest health increased from 200 to 500.
- Ammo box health increased from 120 to 250.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
Blitz: Tips and Tricks
Here’s some quick strategy advice to help you get the edge over your opponents in this limited-time game mode.
- Don’t forget the basics of the game. Make sure you’re harvesting materials from the very start, collecting medical supplies, armour and weaponry. Check out our core Fortnite: Battle Royale guide for a comprehensive overview of how the game works.
- Seeing as the Storm closes in from the very beginning, make sure you’re taking the initiative right away. Get harvesting, looting and moving as soon as the match begins!
- Again, don’t forget the fundamentals of building. You’ll have plenty of resources to hand, so go wild when building forts and defending yourself. For help with this, make sure you give our base building guide a read.
- As it’s going to be very frantic, keeping a cool head and being accurate will pay dividends. Focus on getting headshots for the damage bonus.
- Getting to the loot quickly will be a main priority. Our how to land faster page will get you sorted on that front!