Fortnite: Battle Royale Crossbow guide – Damage stats and tips
Everything you need to know about the Crossbow.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Crossbow guide contains damage stats and tips to help you master this new weapon.
Fortnite: Battle Royale’s Valentine event has added a brand new weapon to the mix. The Crossbow works similarly to a Sniper Rifle, which means it’s exceptionally powerful and fantastic for picking off targets at long range.
One thing that sets the Crossbow apart from every other weapon in the game is its superb stealth capabilities and ammo count – it’s near silent and has infinite ammo. Of course it’s not all-powerful, and you’ll have to reload between every shot and take into account significant bullet drop when fighting targets way off in the distance.
If you’re looking to become the ultimate killer Cupid in Fornite: BR, then we’ve put together a guide that’ll help you master the Crossbow.
Take a look at our Valentine’s Skins and Patch Notes page for even more info on what’s just been added to the game!
Video by PhantomACE. Skip to 6:42 to see the Crossbow in action.
Here’s a brief breakdown of everything you need to know about this new weapon.
- The Crossbow is essentially a bolt-action rifle that’s near silent when shot.
- It’s very powerful and capable of one-shotting enemies with a well-placed bolt to the head. The Epic version deals around 190 headshot damage!
- You have to reload briefly between every round.
- You’ll be able to obtain the Crossbow by looting chests.
- You can get the Crossbow in various rarities. The highest we’ve seen so far is Epic.
- Crossbow shots have a longer travel time than sniper bullets and glow pink while they soar through the air.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
Crossbow Tips and Tricks
Here are a few pointers to help you get to grips with the Crossbow.
- Take into account bullet drop when firing the Crossbow at enemies in the distance. You’ll have to lead your enemy, or aim higher depending on your opponent’s positioning and movement.
- You don’t need to worry about ammo, so fire away!
- Crossbows deal huge damage per hit, and this is amplified further with headshots. Aiming for the head can take down enemies in one hit.
- We don’t recommend hip-firing the Crossbow as your accuracy nosedives when doing so. Instead, line up your shots carefully for a better chance of landing those critical hits.
- If you’re caught in a close-range fight, it’s worth firing off a shot with the Crossbow before switching to another weapon to finish them off – or survive if you’re struggling to land a hit.
For tips and stats on all the weapons in Fortnite: BR, check out our weapon tier list and best guns and other weapons guides!