Fortnite: Battle Royale – Valentine’s Skins, Crossbow and Patch Notes (2.4.2)
Everything you need to know about Patch 2.4.2.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale 2.4.2 patch notes guide details the Valentine’s crossbow, skins and patch notes.
A new set of patch notes have just been released for Fortnite: Battle Royale, and love is most definitely in the air for the next batch of content that’s coming to the game in an imminent update.
To mark Valentine’s Day next week, a number of new cosmetic items are being added to Fortnite, including some brand-new Valentines themed skins and a tasty new crossbow. You can get a look at all of these items in the screenshot below:
If you enjoy the single-player component of Fortnite (Save The World), then you’ll be pleased to know that a handful of special Valentine’s-themed quests are being added to that corner of the game as well. Exact details of these have yet to be revealed though.
The patch notes for version 2.4.2 are reproduced for you below, and do note that the content won’t actually be released until the patch goes live on Thursday 8th February (that’s tomorrow, for those of you who haven’t been near a calendar today…).
Areas covered in the notes include the recent Shooting Test update, which is now limited to testing in Solo mode only, and with some gentle tweaks to the percentages being played around with. There are also some welcome bug fixes in there as well – no more slip-sliding off roofs for you once the patch actually goes live at some point tomorrow.
New to geeksplatform? Make sure you take a look through our massive Fortnite: Battle Royale guide, which contains links to all of our essential gameplay guides!
- The Shooting Test #1 Limited-Time Mode has been switched to Solo only.
- Known Issue: The Shooting Test does not save progression for stats or challenges.
- Shotgun headshot damage increased to 200% (was 150%).
- Scoped Assault Rifle is now 100% accurate when zoomed in.
- Scoped Assault Rifle no longer has damage fall-off.
- Players will no longer slide off rooftops.
- Fix for Item Shop panels disappearing after completing a V-buck purchase through the Store Tab.
- Fix for collision inconsistencies in certain basement corners.
- Fixed a hole in the terrain south of Retail Row.
- This weapon fires Arrows, which are an unlimited ammo type.
- Found from floor loot and treasure chests.
- This weapon comes in both Rare and Epic variants.