Fortnite: Battle Royale Hand Cannon guide – Damage stats and tips
The complete lowdown on the new weapon to hit Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Hand Cannon guide contains damage stats and tips to help you master this new weapon.
A new weapon is about to be added to the Battle Royale mode of Fortnite, and you can now look forward to getting stuck into the competition using the Hand Cannon! This weapon is found exclusively as either an Epic or a Legendary rarity gun, and it fires Heavy ammo. You can potentially loot it from Treasure Chests, Supply Drops or fallen enemies.
In our Battle Royale Hand Cannon guide, we’ve outlined absolutely everything we currently now about this new item, and you can rest assured we’ll be updating it continuously in the coming days. Expect gameplay tips galore once we’ve had a chance to get stuck in with the gun for ourselves. For now though, here’s the complete lowdown on what to expect from this new item.
When you’re done here, make sure you check out our enormous Fortnite: Battle Royale guide. It contains a massive amount of tips and strategy advice for getting better at the game!
Hand Cannon Overview
Here’s everything we currently know about the Hand Cannon. This section of the guide will be updated throughout today, so check back soon for updates.
First up, here’s a teaser video released by Epic Games themselves to announce the imminent arrival of this powerful new weapon (nice use of Clair de Lune by the way…)
Here’s how much damage the Legendary Hand Cannon delivers for both body and headshots:
- Bodyshot – 78
- Headshot – 187
We’ll be adding in all the stats as soon as we know more!
- The Hand Cannon uses Heavy ammo exclusively.
- You can only loot this item as an Epic or Legendary rarity weapon.
- Hand Cannons can be obtained from Treasure Chests, Supply Drops or on the floor.
Hand Cannon Tips and Tricks
As soon as the servers come back up we’ll be piling into the game ourselves. Once we’ve got a few games under our belt we’ll be back with loads of advanced tips and tricks for getting the most out of the Hand Cannon.
For now we’ve put together a few preliminary tips as we’re pretty certain we know how this weapon is going to work. Don’t hesistate to share your own strategy tips in the comments and we’ll include them – with credit – when we next update this article a little later on today!
- It’s likely that firing off one shot will do exceptional damage, rather like the Revolver. It’s important that you prioritise accuracy in this case and go for those headshots.
- To compensate for the Revolver’s power, it’s got a ridiculously long reload time. We expect the Hand Cannon to have similar damage numbers, but a much faster reload speed. This thing is going to be sought after!
- As it’s based on the Desert Eagle that’s present in many other games, we expect this gun to have some real kick between every round. Line up your shots and prepare to switch to another weapon if the enemy closes in on you.
- We reckon the Hand Cannon is going to be a great weapon to kick off a fight with. Land a couple of shots from short to medium range for an initial burst of serious damage, before switching out to an Assault Rifle or Submachine Gun to finish them off.