When to expect the new Season to go live in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
On this page you’ll find the Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 3 release time for the US (ET, PT), UK (GMT) and Europe (CET) timezones.
Season 3 of Fortnite: Battle is due to begin in the not too distant feature (with a date still to be confirmed), but we’ve seen a lot of players asking what the release time for Season 3 will actually be.
Well, Epic has officially announced exactly when Season 2 ends and Season 3 will kick off. We’ve embedded the tweet with all the timings for you below.
V.3.0.0 Update! Downtime will begin at 4:00 AM EST (0900 GMT). Season 2 ends at this time. Battle Royale Matchmaking will go down at 3:35 AM EST (0835 GMT). Find out more here: https://t.co/HEm52y6xgT
Fortnite (@FortniteGame) February 22, 2018
This means that downtime for Season 3 will begin at 9:00am GMT (that’s 4:00am ET and 1:00am PT) and when the servers are live, Season 3 will have commenced.
It also mentions an important point about matchmaking which you should probably be aware of – matchmaking will be disabled 30 minutes earlier. That’s to stop people from being unceremoniously booted out of a half-completed game. Anyone still in a match when the clock strikes 8.30am will be able to see it out to its conclusion, however.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
What to expect when Season 3 is released? We’ve been busy compiling a complete guide to Season 3 in Fortnite: Battle Royale, which outlines all of the new content in detail, from Battle Pass rewards to the cost of participation.
Check it out via the link above if you want the complete lowdown, but here’s a very quick overview of what’s in store for Battle Royale with the release of Season 3:
- The Battle Pass can only be purchased by V-Bucks. Previously Epic had announced real-world money would be the only option – no longer!
- Purchasing the Season 3 Battle Pass will provide you with the Mission Specialist Outfit instantly, but you’ll have to grind through the tiers to grab the other cosmetic rewards.
- Although another 30 tiers have been added to the Season 3 pass, it’ll take the same time to work through all of them as it did in Season 2. This should ensure a better flow of rewards as you work through your games.
- You can still use V-Bucks to skip tiers in the Battle Pass and get at the content sooner, for less play-time overall.
- New Weekly Challenges are coming to the game, and they’ll stack as well until the end of the season. These Weekly Challenges reward players with Battle Stars.