Fortnite: Battle Royale Levelling guide – Fast levelling, rewards, ranks and unlocks
How to level up in Fortnite: Battle Royale nice and quickly.
Fortnite: Battle Royale’s Chapter 2 is upon us, and with it comes a whole new system for leveling up. We’ve been keeping an eye out and have all the info you need to get through your Battle Pass ranks quickly and easily.
What are Medals?
Fortnite: Battle Royale gives players the opportunity to gain levels and XP through brand new methods never seen before in the game. Doing standard Fortnite stuff daily can help you get your Battle Pass levelled up faster than normal, from scoring kills to staying alive.
So how does the whole thing work, then?
How to earn Medals
Each day, 10 Medals can be put on your Medal Punchcard, pictured below, which refreshes daily.
Each Medal earns you 2000xp except the 5th and 10th, which get you 4000. But how do you get yourself these Medals?
It’s not hard to get Medals – just play the game as normal. Here’s the full list of available Medals:
- Battle Medal: Get 1 kill in-game.
- Scavenger Medal: Search 3 Chests, Llamas, or Supply Drops.
- Survivor Medal: Survive to the final 50 players.
- First Match Medal – Compete in your first match of the day.
You can keep gaining XP even after the Medal Punchcard is filled out though. Surviving, getting kills, and completing matches with high placements gets you XP at the end of the game.
When does the Medal Punchcard refresh?
Each day, the Medal Punchcard refreshes at 2pm BST (6am PST, 9am EST).
How to earn XP quickly
There are numerous ways you can gain easy XP in Fortnite: Battle Royale’s new chapter. We’ve compiled the main ways below:
- 2000 XP: Named Location Discovered
- 2000 XP: Landmark Discovered
- 65 XP: Searched Ammo Box
- 50 XP: New Storm Circle
- 70 XP: Searched Chest
- 20 XP: Knocked Opponent
- 85 XP: Eliminated Opponent
- 280 XP: Battle Medal
- 250 XP: Scavenger Medal
- 35 XP: Used Fishing Spot
- 25 XP: Headshot
- 40 XP: Sniper Specialist (200 Sniper damage in one match)
- 40 XP: Explosives Specialist (150 Explosive damage in one match)
- 40 XP: Upgraded Weapon (Bonus 100 XP if first to upgrade in a match)
- 105 XP: Early Bird (be the first player in the match to pick up a Legendary item)
We’ll keep this page updated with all the ways you can gain XP for your Battle Pass, so keep your eyes here! Remember, at the end of a match, you’ll be given a handy breakdown of your XP gained, as pictured above, so you’ll know the progress you’re making. Check out our Chapter 2: Season 1 guide for more information, or have a look at our Map page if you’re after help on the newest version of the Fortnite island!