Fortnite: Battle Royale Replay guide – Release date, tools and controls
Everything you need to know about the new replay system that's coming to the game.
Our Fortnite replay guide explains how the new system works, the release date and all the tools that have been confirmed so far.
A new feature for Fortnite: Battle Royale has just been confirmed at this year’s Games Developer Conference (GDC) in San Francisco.
The new Replay system will be added to the game at some point in summer 2018, allowing existing and upcoming content creators to produce far more advanced video content on the game.
Here’s the video that’s just been released to mark the announcement. Just below that you’ll find the thoughts on the new system from content creator Ali-A.
Fortnite Replay System Overview
- You’ll be able to jump back into a game you’ve just had and start working on your new film.
- From here you’ll be able to capture what happened from multiple different angles using a variety of cameras.
- It’s a way of making better content around a game that you’ve just had.
- The Replay feature will be released at some point this summer.
- It opens up the game in many ways. Not just for content creation, but for watching old matches and improving as a player, doing many things that have never previously been possible in the game.
- Use of the replay system will be intuitive, and everything will be easily mapped for a controller as well as keyboard.
- The replay system will be available across all platforms when it goes live in the game. We presume this includes mobile!
- Ali-A claims that the replay system includes the kind of features even a professional film maker would expect, and everyone will want tojump in and have a go at making great video content.
- It should dramatically increase the quality of video that’s been produced across the content creation ecosystem.
- The replay system should make it even more accessible for more people to make even more content.
Fortnite: Replay Tools and Controls
Looking at the video it’s hard to make out exactly what tools will be available, but we can have a pretty good guess:
- You may well be able to track individual player activity.
- Static as well as manually controlled drone cameras appears to be available.
- Zoom functionality is clearly visible in the replay UI
- It appears Drone cameras can be attached to players or used as a free roam take on the landscape.
- Special effects such as slow motion appear to be possible from the video we’ve embedded.
- Camera settings include: Auto Exposure, Aperture, Focal Length, Auto Focus and Focus Distance.
That wraps up the first edition of our guide to the new replay system coming to Fortnite: Battle Royale in an upcoming update
As soon as we have more detail we’ll add it into this article, and as soon as you can make use of replays we’ll add loads of advice for creating incredible content of your own!