How to complete this week’s Treasure Map challenge in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
How to find the location of the Retail Row Treasure Map in Fortnite, then solve the clues to claim your reward.
Now that Week 7’s kicked off, there’s another Treasure Map to be found in Retail Row which hints at a stash of treasure buried somewhere in Fortnite’s map. It’s not as easy as being given a location and just travelling there – you’ll have to decipher a bunch of clues first.
Manage to unearth the treasure and you’ll be rewarded with a few Battle Stars which go towards levelling up your Season 3 Battle Pass. Trouble is, you’ll have to find the map, gather clues and figure it all out before you can even attempt to dig up your reward.
To help you out with this, we’ve put together a handy walkthrough guide based on a brilliant video by True North Gaming which we’ve embedded for you just below. It gets straight to the point too, so it won’t take up much time at all, it’s definitely worth giving it a watch as it’ll help you visualise the treasure’s location.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
- Skip to 0:31 to see a screenshot of the Treasure Map itself (plus, it’ll save you from having to visit Retail Row yourselves.)
- As you can see, the map points to treasure which is tucked away inside a maze that surrounds a large hut of some kind.
- Zoom in on Wailing Woods on your map and you’ll notice that the Treasure Map matches this location nicely.
- If you’re nearby, travel on foot towards Wailing Woods. Otherwise it’s worth hopping into a fresh game and floating in via parachute as it’ll speed up the process significantly.
- Once you’re gliding over Wailing Woods, start slowly descending towards the centre until you see the hut and the maze.
- Try and picture the red cross as you’re landing and align yourself with this mental image.
- The treasure can be found in a corner of the maze itself, near the South Westernmost tree. For another point of reference, you want to be landing opposite the stripey red and white awning.
- You’ll know if you’ve found the right spot as the shining Battle Stars will suddenly sprout from the ground in front of you! Make sure you interact with them for a couple of seconds to claim your reward.
- If you’re struggling to find the location, it’s worth bringing up the video in this guide on another screen while you’re in game.
If you found the video useful, do make sure to give the creator a thumbs-up and consider subscribing to their channel for more Fortnite: Battle Royale content.
It’s worth quickly mentioning that Wailing Woods is going to be very busy this week, so watch yourself when grabbing the treasure. In many ways, it’s worth quickly bagging your rewards, before quickly restarting the game and going about your other business at hand – it’s unlikely you’ll make it out alive (sorry).