Fortnite: High Explosives V2 guide – Tips, tactics and strategy advice
Everything you need to know about High Explosives V2.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale High Explosives V2 guide to the revamped game mode contains all the tips, tricks, tactics and strategy advice you need to come out on top.
High Explosives is back in V2, and this time its focused entirely on stripping away any unnecessary bullets or any other projectiles – only explosives are allowed to stay. It’s still a traditional 100 player affair, albeit with explosions cranked up to the absolute max and the introduction of both the Remote Explosives and Guided Missiles this time around.
Adding to the carnage, material drop rates have been accelerated and you’ll find Rocket Launchers and Guided Missiles around every corner. Forget training your crosshair on targets and lining up that silky headshot, it’s all about hunting your enemy with missiles or blasting them with a well-timed rocket.
You’ve also got to approach structures differently as they’ll be destroyed very quickly. The chaos levels are so high, it’s a tricky mode to succeed in! To help you out, we’ve put together a guide that’ll outline what the mode is all about, as well as a bunch of tips and tricks to get you up and running.
For more information on other content that’s releasing with Patch V 3.4, make sure you check out our Vending Machines guide as well as our Week 7 Challenges guide!
High Explosives V2 Start and End Date
Here’s when you’ll be able to jump into this returning mode and when it’ll go offline.
- Start: 4th April 2018
- End: 11th April 2018
What’s the format for High Explosives V2?
Below we’ve put together a complete breakdown of how this mode works.
- Non-explosive weapons removed.
- Friendly Fire off.
- 1:50 shaved off wait times for first four storms (20s / 30s / 30s / 30s).
- Spawn +50% more consumables.
- Spawn +100% more materials.
- Have a 50% chance of dropping a Legendary Guided Missile.
Floor Loot adjustments
- Materials spawn 60 / 90 / 120 per pickup for wood/stone/metal.
- Materials drop rate increased 50%.
- Ammo drop rate increased 50%.
- Impulse grenade added to floor loot.
- Trap drop rate lowered 50%.
Other loot adjustments:
- Number of rockets found per drop increased (Floor: 4-6 | Chests: 8 | Supply: 12 | Box: 16 | Llama: 20).
- Grenade, Impulse Grenade & Remote Explosive drop rate +100%.
- Bandages drop rate -50%, Med Kit & Slurp drop rate +50%.
- Spike Trap disabled; Launch Pads & Campfires spawn at 1:1 ratio.
- Rocket Launcher drop rate +100%.
- Guided Missile drop rate +100%.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
High Explosives V2: Tips and Tricks
Here are a few initial pointers for this new game mode which’ll help you get to grips with it on launch day.
Video by postboxpat
- Quickly build structures to block projectiles, it could save your life in a pinch!
- We’d recommend getting hold of a Rocket Launcher. Using Guided Missiles can be risky as you’re left stationary when in firing mode.
- Lead your target when firing Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers.
- Be careful when building large structures as explosives will shred them in an instant. It’s better to keep on the move and stay fairly close to the ground so you don’t take huge amounts of fall damage if the floor collapses under you.
- Don’t be afraid to chuck Remote Explosives at enemies when fighting at close range.
- Never stay still when engaging in a fight. Enemies will find it much harder to hit you if you’re constantly sprinting, strafing and jumping.
That’s all we have for now, but we’ll overhaul this guide with more tips and tricks once we’ve had a chance to jump in ourselves. Stay tuned!