Everything you need to know about this crossover event.
Our Fortnite: Infinity Gauntlet guide contains everything we know about the new Limited Time Mode, including tips and tricks to help you come out on top.
Given Fortnite’s superhero theme for Season 4, it was only a matter of time before the inevitable mashup between Fortnite and Avengers hit the game.
The Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time mashup introduces mighty Thanos to the game, with players fighting it out to wield the Infinity Gauntlet, transform into the all-powerful villain and crush anyone who stands in their way.
If you manage to take out Thanos, the Infinity Gauntlet will drop to the ground and will be free for the taking. To emerge victorious then, you’ll need to master Thanos’ special abilities to smash your opponents and ultimately – stay alive.
Below we’ve put together a guide that covers everything you need to know about how this Avengers mashup mode works, including how to get hold of the Infinity Gauntlet, a list of all Thanos’ abilities and some tips and tricks to help you master his powers or fend him off when the time comes.
Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup: Overview
Here’s everything you need to know about how the mode works.
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!
- Ability 1 – A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
Storm + Map
- Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup: Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips to get you up and running with this new game mode!
- If you’re not Thanos, you can locate him by looking at your compass.
- As Thanos, you’ll want to traverse the environment with your leap as it’ll leave you far less vulnerable than running along the ground.
- Remember that you can smash structures as Thanos, so go wild!
- You can use buildings as cover when you’re under fire as Thanos.
- Thanos’s laser beam is exceptionally powerful when taking on enemies at a distance.
- Remember that many of Thanos’s abilities render him immobile for at least a couple of seconds at a time. Take this into account when facing off against enemies.
- When you’re being targeted by Thanos, it’s best to run off and chip away. Use Launch Pads and build structures to get away as best you can!
- Chip away at Thanos from afar, we wouldn’t recommend ever getting up close and personal.