How to complete this week's Treasure Map challenge in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
How to find the location of the Moisty Mire Treasure Map in Fortnite, then solves the clues to claim your reward.
The start of Week 9 brings with it a brand new Treasure Map, and this time you’ll find it in Moisty Mire. Follow the clues it presents, and it’ll lead you to a stash of glittering treasure buried away somewhere in Fortnite’s map.
If you manage to unearth the treasure, you’ll be rewarded with a bundle of Battle Stars that’ll go towards ranking up your Season 3 Battle Pass. With this said, it’s far from easy. You’ll have to find the map, gather clues and figure it all out before you can even attempt to dig up your reward.
To help you out with this, we’ve stripped away all the fuss and made things far easier. Below we’ve put together a handy walkthrough based on niitq’s video which illustrates the treasure map and its location. Make sure you give it a watch as it’ll help you visualise the treasure’s resting spot.
For help with every other challenge, make sure you check out our Week 9 Challenges guide!
- Skip to 0:24 and you’ll see the treasure map at the top left of the screen.
- As you can see, the map points to treasure which is sat atop a building that’s sat near a triangular formation of trees.
- This strange group of trees is on the East side of the map, nearest Retail Row.
- From the left tip of the triangle, start moving your cursor directly West until it hits the first building it comes across. It should be the one that’s very close to another. Once you’ve found it, mark it on your map to make finding it a breeze.
- If you’re nearby, it’s worth travelling on foot towards this location. If not, hop into a fresh game and parachute your way towards it.
- Start floating towards this and aim to land on the twin chimneys on top. If the building you’re gliding towards is almost missing a roof and looks a little worse for wear, then you’re aiming for the right house.
- You’ll know if you’ve found the right spot as the shining Battle Stars will suddenly sprout from the ground in front of you! Make sure you interact with them for a couple of seconds to claim your reward.
- If you’re struggling to find this location, bring niitq’s video up on another screen while you’re in game.
If you found the video useful, do make sure to give the creator a thumbs-up and consider subscribing to their channel for more Fortnite: Battle Royale content.
It’s worth mentioning that almost everyone will be rooting for this location over the next few days, so expect a great deal of resistance. You can always postpone this challenge for a week or two and return to this location when things have calmed down a bit.
One of Fortnite’s other weekly challenges involves visiting a handful of taco shops in a single match. If you’re struggling to find them across the map, make sure you head on over to our All Taco Shop locations page – it’ll be an enormous help!