Here's how to refund cosmetic items in Fortnite.
For a couple years now, Epic has had a scheme that allows players to refund Fortnite skins and cosmetics. This means players on PC, Mac, PS4 and Xbox can all take part in the cosmetics refunding plan.
You can refund cosmetics in exchange for V-Bucks. This means you can recycle any skins, emotes or gliders that you no longer want can. There are some limitations though.
We’ll take you all the way through the process of refunding skins and cosmetics in Fortnite if you’re at all confused.
We’ll explain what you can – and can’t – refund, and explains how to go about recycling the items that you’re allowed to return.
Overview of Fortnite refunds
Here’s how the cosmetic and skin refund service works in Fortnite: Battle Royale, including the limitations.
- You can return up to 3 cosmetic purchases for V-Bucks – in a lifetime.
- Once you’ve returned 3 cosmetic items, you will not be eligible for any more refunds.
- You can only refund purchases within 30 days.
- If the item you’ve refunded isn’t in the Item Shop, you can’t buy it again until it returns.
- You will find the Self-Service Cosmetic Returns process in the “Purchase History” section of the Item Shop.
What is eligible for a refund?
You can request a refund for the following item categories:
- Harvesting Tools
- Back Bling
What can’t you refund?
You cannot request a refund for any of these items:
- Battle Pass
- Battle Pass Tiers
- Starter Pack
- Founder’s Pack
- Founder’s Pack Upgrades
- Loot Llamas (Save the World)
- Event and Weekly items (Save the World)
How to refund cosmetics in Fortnite
We’ll walk you through how to refund your cosmetic items in Fortnite.
PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option at the top.
- Click the far right tab. This’ll take you to an ‘Account and Privacy’ page.
- The second option from the top is ‘Lifetime Return Requests’. Click ‘Submit a Request’.
- You’ll go to another screen which will show what cosmetic items are eligible for a refund. If you don’t have any available cosmetics to refund, it’ll tell you. You’ll also be able to see how many lifetime return requests are remaining.
- Highlight the cosmetic you want to refund on the left hand side of the screen, and select it to confirm.
- Now you need to give a reason. Was it an ‘Accidental’ or ‘Unauthorized’ purchase, or an ‘Item Not as Expected’ situation?
- Pick out which one applies most to your situation and click ‘Submit Return Request’ to claim your refund.
- You’ll be prompted one last time to confirm your refund. Click confirm to claim your refund.
- Once claimed, the V-Bucks spent on that cosmetic will be added back into your Fortnite account. To check, look at the top right of your screen. You should see your V-Bucks total has increased.
Video by HarryNinetyFour
Looking for more Fortnite tips? Well, here’s our guide on how to get V-Bucks for free if you fancy, and check out our how to gift cosmetics page too if you’re looking to send some goodies to your friends.