All the latest detail on the new patch that's on its way to Fortnite.
Here you’ll find the patch notes for Fortnite V.3.2 with details on Teams of 20, Hoverboard Boost Pads and the Burnout and Wukong skins.
Fortnite: Battle Royale is currently down for server maintenance, but what exactly will be new when the game comes back online in two or three hours from now? Well, handily enough Epic Games has just released a fresh set of patch notes for V.3.2 of Fortnite, outlining all of the new content.
First up is a new Limited Time event for Battle Royale called Teams of 20. No prizes for guessing that in this mode players are split into groups of 20 players each, which will almost certainly result in nothing less than chaos on the battlefield.
We’ve got the first edition of our Teams of 20 guide up on geeksplatform now, so go and check that out – expect lots of updates to that article throughout the day.
Here’s a quick promotional video for the mode that’s just been released by Epic:
There’s more! Battle Royale is getting a new Burnout biker skin which you can see in the screenshot below. Although our focus here is on that particular mode of the game, we’ve also included the Wukong skin that’s exclusive to the PVE Save the World mode.
Save the World is also getting Hoverboard Boost Pads. In Epic’s own words: “These boost pads send the Hoverboard flying, making your race tracks…gnarly!
Finally, here are all of the actual patch notes that have been released. We’ve left out the Save the World element as we focus on Battle Royale on geeksplatform and there’s a lot of ground to cover. If you want to see the rest, just hop over to the official announcement post and scroll towards the bottom:
- Added Easy Anti-Cheat protection to PC.
- Some players will be run through Easy Anti Cheat and some will be run through BattlEye.
- Installation will occur while Fortnite is running.
- Brazil has been added to the Matchmaking Region selector for Xbox One players.
- To adjust this, head to Settings > Game > Matchmaking Region > Brazil.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Reset Building Choice’ option would not reset to Walls if Traps were last selected.
- Limited Time Mode: Teams of 20
- Each team is composed of five squads of four players.
- All teammates will be displayed in green on the map.
- The Map screen now shows total number of players alive on each team.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 60-80%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 75-90%.
- Supply Drops always come in batches of 5 instead of varying amounts per Storm Circle. Supply Drop rate increased from 180 (+/- 30s) to 210 (+/- 30s).
- Teams of 20 has six Storm Circles as opposed to nine. Maximum match length is 23 minutes, down from 25.
- Storm Circle Timings:
- Storm Circle 1: Random location. 60s wait, 180s shrink time.
- Storm Circle 2: Random location. 60s wait, 90s shrink time.
- Storm Circle 3: Location centered on previous storm (for the rest of the match). 120s wait, 90s shrink time.
- Storm Circle 4: 120s wait, 60s shrink.
- Storm Circle 5: 180s wait, 60s shrink.
- Storm Circle 6: 240s wait, 120s shrink.
- Players will get elimination credit for forced fall damage either through Impulse Grenades or destroying structures underneath their enemies.
- Breaking the base of a structure will count the same as breaking the exact piece a player is standing on before they fall.
- Riding a rocket no longer cancels emotes or using consumables.
- Lobby emotes will now play out instead of just ending at 5 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where players at 60 FPS could not jump as high as those playing at 30 FPS.
- Fixed an issue that prevented weapon tracers from being visible after a certain distance.
- Fixed an auto-sprint issue that would cause players to continue sprinting when they tried to stop.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Fixed issues with the Hunting Rifle’s accuracy.
- Now uses perfect accuracy when aiming and not moving. Hip-fire remains unchanged.
- Fixed an issue with accuracy reticle UI being slightly mismatched.
- Fixed additional weapon loading issues that prevented players from being able to see or use their weapon while the world was loading.
- Fixed an issue where firing a weapon could cancel the equip animation.
- Fixed the kitchen cabinets that were placed outside of some houses. They are now back inside where they belong.
- Increased the HP value of Weeping Willow trees so it is more representative of the amount of resources it gives.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused an inventory slot to be unusable.
- Fixed an issue where players would have to press the ‘Leave Match’ button twice when exiting an in-progress match.
- Fixed an issue where squad members could be missing from the top panel when opening the in-game menu.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when closing the game after opening the settings menu.
- The Pump Shotgun’s pump animation will now play when held up instead of at rest.
- Distant buildings and objects now connect to the terrain more smoothly.
- Improved terrain rendering and cloud shadows.
- Fixed an issue where Glider trails were not visible to other players.
- Fixed an issue that prevented destruction effects from playing while on low effects settings.
- Added squeaks to wood, stone, metal, and default hits for the Pick Squeak harvesting tool.
- Improved the default glider and umbrella open sound so that it syncs up with animation.
- Added an audio cue that will play when squad members jump from the Battle Bus.
- Improved the Epic/Legendary Assault Rifle close-range fire sound.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when unplugging headphones.
- Fixed an issue that would cause tactically important sounds to occasionally be cancelled.
- Fixed hitching when certain player outfits were loaded in the middle of the match.
- Fixed crashes that could occur in rare cases when using the NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights feature.