Five core cards will be nerfed in just a matter of days from now.
The latest balancing patch for Hearthstone – which will see some five cards weakened in order to revitalise the metagame – will go live on Monday 18th September 2017.
The news was confirmed on the official forums a few moments ago, alongside a warning that mobile deployment may take a little longer. This is presumably due to the need to have the patch approved by third-parties such as Apple.
Here’s a quick reminder of what’s being changed when the patch goes live next Monday.
- Innervate will now only grant 1 bonus Mana, instead of 2.
- Fiery War Axe will cost 3 Mana instead of 2.
- Hex will cost 4 Mana, an increase on the original 3.
- Murloc Warleader now only grants other Murlocs +2 Attack. No extra Health.
- Spreading Plague will cost 6 Mana instead of 5.
We don’t yet have the precise times for the release of the patch, but as soon as we know more we’ll update this article.