A dual-sword-wielding damage dealer.
Surprise! Yasuo’s brother Yone is League of Legends’ newest Champion and will be released with patch 10.16.
Yone’s the third champion to move out of League’s lore and into the game itself. To put a long story short, he trained alongside his brother Yasuo, there was some blood and betrayal, and upon his death he ended up in the spirit realm. Unfortunately, things don’t get better for him. An Azakana demon (bad) sets itself upon him, he eventually defeats it and is suddenly whisked back to the mortal realm.
This explains his demonic appearance and the way he can literally tear the soul from his body – classic Yone.
Since Yone and Yasuo trained together as younglings, they share a similar playstyle, and it’s one which involves swords, mobility, and flashy outplays. He actually wields two different swords, the azakana blade, and the wind blade. The former swings in large, weighty arcs, while the latter is quick and snappy.
Yone’s built for engaging and diving the backline, but he’ll also compliment his brother too. In addition to Yone’s Q knockup, his Ultimate “Fate Sealed”, knocks up and pulls enemies in, which should give Yasuo’s the perfect opportunity to pounce.
Here’s a quick breakdown of his abilities:
- Passive – “Yone uses two blades, causing every second attack to deal more magic damage. His critical strike chance is also doubled, but his critical strikes deal reduced damage.”
- Q – Mortal Steel – “Yone thrusts forward, dealing physical damage to opponents. On hit, he gains a stack of Gathering Storm. At two stacks, Yone can dash forward with a wave that makes enemies airborne.”
- W – Spirit Cleave – “Yone cleaves forward in a massive arc, dealing a portion of the target’s maximum health. After successfully hitting an enemy, Yone also gains a temporary shield. The shield’s power increases per champion struck.”
- E – Soul Unbound – “Yone can enter his Spirit Form, gaining movement speed and leaving his body behind. When Yone’s Spirit Form expires, he’ll snap back into his body and deal a percentage of all the damage he dealt while in Spirit Form.”
- R – Fate Sealed – “Yone strikes all enemies in his path, blinking behind the last enemy hit and knocking everyone airborne towards him.”
For more League of Legends news, make sure you keep an eye on the site!