Fortnite: Battle Royale Impulse Grenade guide – Damage stats and tips
Everything you need to know about the new grenade that's just hit the live game!
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Impulse Grenade guide contains damage stats and tips to help you master this explosive new weapon.
Version 2.5.0 of Fortnite: Battle Royale is being applied to the game right now, and one of the intriguing items included in the patch notes concerns a new lobbable weapon: the Impulse Grenade.
A short video was posted with the release of the patch notes, and it shows off the Impulse Grenade to pretty destructive effect! We’ve posted it for you right here, just in case you’ve not already seen it:
We’ve posted the rest of the V.2.5.0 patch notes elsewhere on the site if you’re still catching up on the latest developments!
Impulse Grenade Overview
As you can see it has a pretty powerful effect in combat. Here’s everything you need to know about the item:
- The Impulse Grenade is an area of effect explosive grenade capable of throwing any enemies surrounding it a considerable distance.
- It’s area of effect is signified by a pretty clear blue spherical outline. Watch the video above a few times so that you understand it’s radius of influence. That’s going to be pretty important when it comes to snagging multiple targets reliably.
- It doesn’t appear to have any effect whatsoever on building materials (regardless of the material type), so don’t expect to take out any defensive forts using this weapon. It’s strictly for disrupting other players.
- The Impulse Grenade, by its nature, will likely prove most useful in Squad play, when players are more likely to be bunched together. Having said that, this could prove a very amusing way to settle a duel to your own advantage…
Do bear in mind that these are the first stats we’ve come across for the Impulse Grenade and they could change with future updates. For now, here’s a detailed breakdown of what they’re capable of.
|Name||Rarity||DPS||Damage||Crit Chance||Crit Damage||Impact|
Impulse Grenade Tips and Tricks
As the Impulse Grenade’s only just been released we’re still working on building out our tips and tricks section, so keep this page bookmarked for all the latest strategy advice!
For now, here’s a few pointers to take note of…
- Throw the Impulse Grenade at the floor by your feet and it’ll launch you into the air dependent on where you’re standing in relation to it. For example, chuck it by your feet, walk in front of it, and the explosion will send you flying forwards.
- Following on from the point above, you can use the Impulse Grenade as a tool which’ll blast you to better positions. Can’t quite catch up to an enemy? Throw it in front of you, run just past it and you’ll be blasted even closer to them.
- It’s a perfect tool for removing campers sitting atop their forts. Chuck it in and watch them fly out!
- If you’re going up against a squad of close-knit enemies, the Impulse Grenade is a brilliant way of blowing them out of position.
- There are always moments where you’ll be facing someone who’s peeking behind an object. Flush them out with the Impulse Grenade and finish them off with a few well-placed shots.
While we’re getting a few games under our belts ourselves, we recommend checking out the following video by Ninja: