Everything you need to know about the Blitz Showdown LTM in Fortnite.
Our Fortnite: Blitz Showdown Limited Time Mode guide contains everything you need to know about this new contest mode in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Fortnite’s back at it again with another competitive LTM mode, but this time it’s dialling up the intensity. In Blitz Showdown players will compete for prizes in an action packed mode that’ll feature faster circles, more rapid combat and eliminations that’ll now factor into final scores.
Once you’ve competed in 25 games, you’ll be scored based on each match’s placement and eliminations. It’s essentially a test of your survival talent, with those who’ve mastered outlasting enemies being rewarded tonnes of free V-Bucks to spend on all the cosmetic goodies they’ve always dreamt of.
Below we’ve put together a guide on how it the Blitz Showdown LTM works, along with start and end times, and the rewards you’ll earn for climbing the leaderboards.
For full terms and conditions, make sure you head on over to Epic Games’ official Blitz Showdown LTM page.
When you’re done here, it’s also worth checking out our Season 4 guide, as well as our Week 5 Challenges guide. They contain everything you need to know about all the new content that’s been introduced to the game, as well as tips to get those tricky challenges out of the way!
Blitz Showdown: How does it work?
First and foremost, let’s make it clear that this isn’t an official ranked mode. It’s more of a contest that’s competitive in nature, but it’s still well worth getting involved. You’ll be fighting for prizes and a ranking you can brag to all your mates about.
So without further ado, here’s everything you need to know about how it works.
- It’s a solo queue mode. No duos or squads.
- It’s traditional Fortnite, but everything is sped up a notch. Circles will close in faster and combat will be more frantic. For a quick overview of the original Blitz mode, make sure you check out our Blitz mode guide.
- Every match you play in the mode will be tracked and determine the rewards you receive at the end of the event.
- The Top 100 players per server, per region will be rewarded with prizes. That’s players in NA, EU, OCE, BR and Asia servers all in with a chance of receiving goodies.
- After 25 games, you’ll be scored based on each match’s placement and eliminations.
Contest Rewards (Per Region)
- 1st Place: 20, 000 V-Bucks
- 2nd – 5th Place: 13,500 V-Bucks
- 6th-100th Place: 7,500 V-Bucks
How do I enter the contest?
- To be eligible for a Blitz Showdown prize and ranking, you’ll need to play 25 Blitz Showdown matches.
How long does the contest last?
- Blitz Showdown will be available from June 1st 2018 at 10:00 AM EST.
- Blitz Showdown will end June 4th 2018 10:00AM EST.
How do I check the standings?
You can check the Blitz Showdown leaderboards by visiting Epic’s official page and scrolling down to the bottom.
How do I know if I’ve won a prize?
You can of course check the standings, but you’ll also be contacted by Epic on or about Friday June 8th 2018. You’ll need to respond within 72 hours to claim your prizes.
Blitz Showdown: How does Scoring work?
There’s a scoring system in place for the duration of this contest, and naturally, it’ll be used to determine those who’ve done particularly well out there on the battlefield.
Here’s how it’ll work:
- Each win awards a Score based on final placement. Cumulative Score across the contestants 25 matches will determine winners.
- For example, if you finish first place this’ll award you 100 points. Finishing 20th place will awad you 50 points.
- In addition to Score based on placement, the player will be awarded 3 points for each enemy they eliminate.
- Only the first 25 matches in Blitz Showdown will count towards your total score.
The table below illustrates point distribution.
If it comes down to a tie, tiebreaker rules will apply. Total kills, average placements and total wins will be taken into account to determine the overall winner.
The top 100 contestants at the end of the Contest will receive prizes.