Fortnite: Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle guide – Damage stats and tips
Everything you need to know about this new weapon in Fortnite.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle contains damage stats and tips to help you master this new weapon.
Fortnite’s introducing one its most technically advanced weapons yet with its Patch V.4.4 update. The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle (bit of a mouthful eh?) is the bigger, better version of the Scoped Assault Rifle as you’re able to spot heat signatures when peering through its scope.
The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle is only available as an Epic or Legendary drop, fires Medium bullets and you can potentially loot it from the floor, chests and Supply Drops. It shoots similarly to the Scoped Assault Rifle, but has a few extra tricks up its sleeve which make it formidable force on the battlefield.
In our Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle guide we’ve outlined everything you need to know about this new weapon and we’ll be updating it over time with more tips and information over time. Expect a whole bunch of gameplay tips once we’ve had a chance to get stuck in with the gun for ourselves. For now though, here’s the complete lowdown on what you can expect from this new item.
When you’re done here, make sure you check out our enormous Fortnite: Battle Royale guide. It contains a huge amount of tips and strategy advice for getting better at the game!
Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle: Overview
Here’s everything you need to know about the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle. This section of the guide will be updated over time, so check back soon for updates.
|Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle||Epic||TBC||36||TBC||TBC||TBC|
|Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle||Legendary||TBC||37||TBC||TBC||TBC|
We’ll be adding in all the stats as soon as we’ve got the info!
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle uses Medium Ammo exclusively.
- It’s only available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- You can find it from Floor Loot, Chests and Supply Drops.
- When you zoom in, you’ll be able to see Chests, Supply Drops, enemy heat signatures and more.
- It’s highly accurate and semi-automatic, firing similarly to the Scoped Assault Rifle.
Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle Tips and Tricks
As soon as the servers come back up, we’ll be piling into the game ourselves. Once we’ve got a few games under our belt we’ll be back with tips and tricks for getting the most out of the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
For now we’ve put together a few preliminary tips so you can get to grips with how it’ll work right off the bat.
Video by Ninja – Skip to 6:34 to see it in action.
- Treat the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle similarly to the Scoped Assault Rifle, so try and avoid fighting enemies at close range. It’s far better at mid to long range engagements where you’ve got more time to play with and line up your shots for devastating damage.
- Remember that it’s not a fully automatic weapon, so you’ll have to rattle off shots by squeezing the trigger rapidly – although we wouldn’t recommend this. Instead, fire off shots when you’re confident they’re going to hit instead of spraying wildly.
- You don’t need to use this weapon just for combat purposes. Whip it out when you’re in a new area and use the scope to scan for looting opportunities!