Our complete guide to finishing all the Week 7 Challenges in Fortnite.
Our Fortnite: Week 7 Challenges guide contains details of the new Season 3 Challenges, featuring Hidden Gnomes and the Retail Row Treasure Map.
If you’re after Season 4’s Week 7 Challenges, make sure you head over to this page!
A new set of Challenges are about to go live in Fortnite, and Week 7 adds the usual mixture of weapon-specific and regional kill tasks, chest openings, special item investigations, and Treasure Map hunts.
There’s a lot to work through this week, and so as usual we’ve got you covered with a guide to finishing off each and every task.
First things first, here’s a quick breakdown of all the Week 7 Challenges. You can click on any one of these to jump into greater detail about how to finish the challenge in question.
If you’re still struggling to complete last week’s challenges, make sure you check out our Week 6 Challenges guide!
Fortnite: Week 7 Challenges
Here’s a really quick, at-a-glance list of all the Week 7 Challenges that are coming to Fornite.
- Deal damage with Shotguns to opponents (0/1000). 5 Battle Points
- Search Chests in Lonely Lodge (0/7). 5 Battle Points
- Search a Chest, Ammo Box and Supply Drop in a single match (0/3). 5 Battle Points
- Search the Hidden Gnome in different Named Locations (0/7). 5 Battle Points
- Follow the treasure map found in Retail Row – HARD – (0/1). 10 Battle Points
- Suppressed Weapon Eliminations – HARD (0/3). 10 Battle Points
- Eliminate opponents in Shifty Shafts – HARD (0/3). 10 Battle Points
That’s the list of Week 7 Challenges you can get stuck into, then, but let’s move onto the tips and tricks for completing each one of them.
Deal damage with Shotguns to opponents
In order to finish the first of the Week 7 weapon challenges, you’re going to need to deal a total of 1,000 damage to opponents using a Shotgun. There are a few things worth keeping in mind here:
- You don’t need to kill opponents with this weapon, just do a lot of damage over time. Try to make use of every Shotgun you pick up over time, and before you ditch it for something else.
- We’d recommend exclusively using them when you’re in close range fights as opposed to SMGs or Pistols. This way you’ll naturally accrue damage and be lethal at the same time!
- There’s no rule that says you have to complete this challenge in one week. Weekly Challenges actually roll over throughout each season, so you’ve still got a few weeks of Season 3 left to get this one wrapped up.
- If you’re struggling to make much headway on this Week 7 Challenge, try having a look through our guide to the best Shotgun in Fortnite. That’ll help you keep your eyes peeled for the most powerful version of the weapon, which in turn will help you do more damage, faster.
Search Chests in Lonely Lodge
There’s nothing too complicated about this particular challenge. All you have to do is open up a total of seven chests in Lonely Lodge. Of course, you’ll also have to deal with the other 99 players who want to do the same thing – at least in the early part of Week 7.
Keep in mind that you can always just come back here at a later date to rattle through the chests. As long as you finish up by the end of Season 3 you’ll be able to claim your rewards. Just keep this location in the back of your mind, and use any opportunity to bag a chest while you’re in Lonely Lodge.
Search a Chest, Ammo Box and Supply Drop in a single match
Note the stipulation in this Week 7 Challenge title which states you must open all three of these items in one match.
Opening a Chest and an Ammo Box isn’t really going to cause you much trouble at all. Getting a Supply Drop, on the other hand, is going to prove a bit trickier. The best you can do here is pay attention to the map, and make sure you bag one of these whenever they appear.
It’s hard to imagine a match where you won’t search a Chest and an Ammo Box in the early game, which means the when the Supply Drop opportunity comes along you should tick this task off the list. Even if you get destroyed by another player shortly afterwards, at least you got your rewards, right?
Search for the Hidden Gnome in different Named Locations
This week’s special item hunt involves tracking down a collection of chuckling, porcelain creatures otherwise known as Hidden Gnomes. There’s a very similar Daily Quest in the Save of The World PVE version of Fortnite that has you tracking down these little guys. They’re found in attics, shops and are usually nestled in some very hard to reach places – expect nothing less in Battle Royale.
As we’d suspected, you’re going to have to track down a bunch of Hidden Gnomes throughout Fortnite: Battle Royale’s map. They’re tucked away in every named location and you’ll hear an evil laugh when one of them is nearby. Check out our guide to Hidden Gnome locations for advice on how to finish this challenge without any hassle.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
Follow the treasure map found in Retail Row
This week brings another Treasure Map hunt to Fortnite, and you’ll have to first of all track down the Retail Row map, then head to the location hinted at on the map to back your goodies.
First of all, here’s a helpful video which explains how to find these golden Battle Stars.
If you’re unable to watch it at school or work, we’ve got an in-depth text version over on our Retail Row Treasure Map page.
Suppressed Weapon Eliminations
This next Week 7 Challenge has you eliminating a total of three other players using a Suppressed Weapon. There are only two such weapons in Fortnite: the Suppressed Pistol and the Suppressed SMG.
You’re going to need luck on your side when it comes to looting one of these items though, and so our advice is to simply keep this challenge at the back of your mind, and be sure to grab one of these weapons when the opportunity presents itself.
Keep in mind as well that you need to make the killing blow with these items. You can do damage in other ways first, but the opponent must die to your Suppressed Weapon for it to count towards your tally.
We’d recommend knocking down enemies with a stronger weapon (an Assault Rifle or Shotgun for example), before switching to a Suppressed weapon and executing them. This way it’ll be minimum effort and a whole lot easier.
This challenge becomes even simpler if you’re playing with a duo partner or with a squad. You can share the Suppressed weapons around and gift downed enemies for allies to finish off.
Eliminate opponents in Shifty Shafts
There’s nothing too complex on paper about finishing up this task. You simply need to kill a total of three other players while in Shifty Shafts.
While that does sound very simple, do keep in mind that everyone and their dog is going to be trying to do the same thing when the Week 7 Challenges go live. Come back in a few days if you’re finding the heat just a little too hot for you to handle.
That wraps up the second edition of our guide to completing all of the Week 7 Challenges in Fortnite. We’ll be updating this article regularly over the next few days, and once we’ve been able to get stuck into the new content for ourselves!