Our complete guide to the new operator headed to Rainbow Six Siege.
Our Rainbox Six Siege Finka guide contains tips, tricks and strategy advice for the new Attack operator and her Adrenal Surge ability.
Rainbox Six Siege is in line for a couple of new operators when Season 1 of the game begins in just a few weeks from now. As well as introducing other new content to the game, the so-called Chimera update will also raise the number of in-game operators from 36 to 38 when it goes live, and one of the new characters is an Attacker who goes by the name of Finka.
In our Finka guide, we wanted to bring you an overview of everything that’s currently known about this new operator, and we’ll be updating it continuously over time with loads of tips and tricks once we’ve gone hands-on with the character ourselves.
For now though, he’s everything you need to know about the new addition to the game. We’ll have an overview of the second new operator Lion a little bit later on today.
Finka FAQ and Background
Finka is a Russian Attack operator and packs a Spear. 308 rifle. She can also make use of the SASG-12 and 6P41 weapons, as well as some fascinating nanobots.
These can be used to grant an area-of-effect buff called Adrenal Surge which not only increases the health of every team member, but also makes aiming easier and steadier while it’s active.
Here’s the official reveal trailer for Finka, with a teardown of everything we’ve learned from the trailer just below it. Once we can actually play Finka for ourselves we’ll be adding in loads of extra tips and tricks, so stay tuned for an update.
First of all, here are Finka’s basic stats:
- 2 Speed
- 2 Armour
- 3 Primary Weapon options
Finka gains enhanced performance for both her team and for herself while core ability Adrenal Surge is active. This basically juices the whole team up with a load of awesome boosts and buffs.
The activation of Adrenal Surge is indicated by a blue fog around your field of vision. When you see this, you know you’re gaining the extra effects. When it goes, so do the boosts – naturally enough.
Something to keep in mind is that Adrenal Surge can also be used to revive any teammates who are down but not out, and this will work regardless of how far away they happen to be from Finka at the time the ability is activated..
As well as receiving improved health stats, teammates affected by Adrenal Surge will also be able to move faster through barbed wire, and they’ll also recover more quickly from concussion and flashbang effects.
You’ll see one extra-special advantage gained from Adrenal Surge at around the 1:10 mark in the video above. While activated, recoil effects are significantly reduced, allowing you to hit your target with far greater accuracy, first time around. Very nice!
Does all this sound to good to be true? Well, there are some negative side effects to be aware of, and you should also know that Adrenal Surge can only be activated by Finka a total of two times per round.
What’s the other bad news, then? Here are some of the negative side effects that you need to be aware of while playing Finka:
- While Adrenal Surge is active your heart rate (and that of your team members) increases a fair amount, which makes it easier for enemy players to detect you from range by your pulse.
- Adrenal Surge increases your breathing rate as well as your heart rate, and so it would be a very bad idea to switch it on while you are already in – or are about to head into – clouds of toxic smoke. Basically you’ll be huffing in more of that nasty stuff a lot more quickly, and the more gunk you inhale the faster you’ll die. Not good.
- Stepping on certain mines or getting zapped by a Yokai Drone will cause all of the benefits you’ve been receiving from Adrenal Surge to end immediately. Something to be aware of as your prowl your way around the map.
- Finally, you should be aware that Adrenal Surge cannot act as an effective barrier against Frost Traps.
Here’s another great video based on gameplay footage of Finka. There are a few more important takeaways from this video which we’ve outlined below.
Do give the creator and thumbs up and consider subscribing if you found it useful, and watch to the end as there’s some pure Finka gameplay to sit back and enjoy as well.
- Finka can only use Russian optics. If you don’t like using those sights, you could be in for a bit of a bad time with this operator.
- The reduced effect of flashbangs can actually be used to your team’s advantage, as it allows you to push aggressively by using them, without having to worry about the impact of the after-effect on your team members.
- Lesion’s Gu Mines and Echo’s Yokai Drone will effectively be the hard counter to Finka’s exceptional team-boosting potential.
From around 5.30 onwards you can see even more gameplay of Finka in action – make sure you check it out for a real taste of what’s in store when she hits the game at the start of March!
That’s the end of the first edition of our Rainbox Six Siege Finka guide. Once we’ve played around with the operator ourselves we’ll be updating this article with loads more strategy tips, so check back soon.