Red Dead Redemption 2: Talismans Guide – Crafting Materials and Talisman List
How to craft every Talisman available in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Our Red Dead Redemption 2 Talismans guide explains how to get the Alligator Tooth, Bear Claw, Bison Horn, Boar Tusk, Eagle Talon and Raven Claw Talismans.
There are many ways of upgrading your character in Red Dead Redemption 2, and one of them makes use of special in-game items known as Talismans.
Most of these are available for all players of the game, although one of them is exclusive to those who purchased either the Ultimate or Special Edition of RDR2.
Once you’ve discovered and crafted each Talisman, they automatically apply a passive effect to your character’s performance. They stack as well, meaning you don’t have to worry about swapping them in and out of use, and can instead just enjoy the extra advantages each one provides.
First of all, here’s a list of each Talisman in the game, with an overview of the passive effect each one provides. After that we’ll explain how to get each one:
- Alligator Tooth Talisman: +10% Dead Eye
- Bear Claw Talisman: +10% Health
- Bison Horn Talisman: +10% Stamina
- Boar Tusk Talisman: +10% Horse Health and Stamina
- Eagle Talon Talisman: +5 seconds Eagle Eye
- Raven Claw Talisman: -20% Weapon Deterioration
How to get Talismans
In order to acquire these items for your inventory, you’ll need to first of all gather certain crafting materials, and then visit a a Fence. At this point you’ll be able to make the Talisman using their crafting menu.
A few things to note:
- You need to be in at least Chapter 2 of the story to start finding the crafting materials you need.
- Some of the crafting materials are associated with Stranger Missions which you’ll encounter later on in the game.
- Talismans can be crafted by visiting any Fence in the game. You don’t need to track down a particular NPC to make a particular Talisman.
In the next section we’ve got step by step instructions for hunting down the materials you need to craft each Talisman.
How to craft the Alligator Tooth Talisman
+10% Dead Eye
- Vintage Civil War Handcuffs – Complete Smoking and Other Hobbies. You will receive the handcuffs a couple of in-game days after submitting a complete card set.
- Legendary Animal Tooth – Kill the Legendary Alligator located straight south of the L in Lagras.
- Gold Jointed Bracelet – Looted from dead bodies and can also be found by searching houses.
Here’s a great video guide that will take you through the process of acquiring the Alligator Tooth Talisman!
How to craft the Bear Claw Talisman
- Quartz Chunk – Complete a Test of Faith. Send the coordinates of one dinosaur bone back to the quest giver. You’ll be mailed back the Quartz Chunk a couple of in-game days later.
- Legendary Bear Claw – Skin the Legendary Bear that can be found just above the second “I” in Grizzlies on your map.
- Silver Chain Bracelet – Looted from dead bodies and also found in houses.
If you’re struggling to track down the Quartz Chunk, the video we’ve embedded below will help you make light work of the challenge!
How to craft the Bison Horn Talisman
- Abalone Shell Fragment – Search the houses in Rhodes until you find one.
- Legendary Bison Horn – Kill the Bison located at the north-eastern section of Lake Isabella.
- Silver Earring – Looted from dead bodies and also found in houses.
Need more help getting the Bison Horn Talisman? Have a watch of the video below which explains how to get this item in your stash.
How to craft the Boar Tusk Talisman
+10% Horse Health and Stamina
- Cobalt Petrified Wood – Head to the top left of Lake Isabella, enter the cave near the mountain and then open the box sitting on the wagon inside.
- Legendary Boar Tusk – Kill the Legendary Boar located just above the first “A” in Bluewater Marsh on your map.
- Gold Earring – Looted from dead bodies and also found in houses.
Here’s a really handy video which provides a visual walkthrough for bagging the Boar Tusk Talisman. Give it a watch if you need more help finishing this one up!
How to craft the Eagle Talon Talisman
+5 Seconds Eagle Eye
This item can only be obtained by players who own either the Special or Ultimate Edition of the game. It cannot be crafted if you own any other version of the game.
Here’s a vidoe guide to unlocking the Eagle Talon Talisman if you’ve picked up one of the fancier versions of Red Dead Redemption 2!
How to craft the Raven Talon Talisman
-20% Weapon Deterioration
- Old Brass Compass – Complete Geology for Beginners and then mail the rock carving coordinates to the quest giver. After a couple of days you’ll receive a note. Read it, wait for time to advance a bit, then head to the quest icon location and get your reward.
Finally, here’s a handy video which walks you through the process of getting hold of the Raven Talon Talisman.