Everything you need to know about the re-worked Battlerite.
Another month brings with it yet another Battle Royale game, and in September it’s the turn of former arena brawler Battlerite to take a very different turn and join in with 2018’s biggest gaming craze.
Battlerite Royale is now available to buy and download from Steam as a standalone title, but it’s currently in Early Access (but hey, so’s Fortnite) so expect many changes to balancing and game content in the months to come.
In the first edition of our guide to the game, we’ll explain how it all works so you can get stuck in to the action straight away. If the game grows in popularity we’ll explain on it with a lot more detail, and add in deeper, supplementary guides to the most important areas of gameplay.
Battlerite Royale Overview
First up, here’s a breakdown of everything you need to know about the game.
- Although based on the original Battlerite, Battlerite Royale uses completely updated champion abilities and reworked stats to suit the new core mode.
- Certain champions have received completely new abilities in order to balance the flow of gameplay across the entirety of a match.
- Currently the game supports 30 solo players (or 15 teams of two) on a map that’s estimated to be around 30 times bigger than the original arena map.
- As you destroy other champions you’ll be able to unlock new abilities, items and money. The money can be used to purchase more powerful items from vendors.
- Battlerite Royale supports solo and duo play. The team is not currently exploring bigger team sizes as this, as it’s proving too difficult to balance the gameplay.
- Jump pads, portals, healing and resurrection portals can be found across the map to aid you.
- You are able to level up your account in order to unlock Royale Silver Chests. These contain an assortment of cosmetic rewards.
- It has not yet been confirmed whether or not you will be able to purchase Silver Chests.
- The game is expected to be in Early Access status for around six months although this is subject to change depending on development progress.
Battlerite Royale Cost
Battlerite Royale costs $19.99 / EU 19.99 from the Steam store and can be downloaded and installed from that platform. Note that it is possible the game may become free to play after the official launch has taken place sometime in early 2019.
For those of you who purchased the original Battlerite, there are some important things to note:
- Players who purchased and played the original Battlerite will be able to carry over all of their cosmetic items into the new game.
- Those who have purchased the All Champions Pack, Ultimate Fan Pack or Battlerite Early Access will also receive additional rewards for backing the project from the start.
- Those same players will also receive a 50% discount voucher which is valid for 10 days after purchasing Battlerite Royale.
Battlerite Royale Tips
Here’s a video which should prove extremely useful when getting to grips with the game. It’s got some great tips on how to get started, so give the creator a thumbs-up and consider subscribing if you found it useful.
Battlerite Royale Champions List
There are 27 champions in Battlerite separated into three distinct categories. Here’s a list of who’s who in the roster:
- Ruh Kaan
Battlerite Royale System Requirements
Battlerite Royale has the following minimum system requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- Processor: Dual Core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 3000
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 3000 MB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible