Realm Royale: Best FPS settings to boost performance (PC)
How to achieve the best FPS settings to boost performance in Realm Royale.
Above all else, Realm Royale is a competitive game where advantage counts towards the ultimate aim. You’re not flying into a map filled with weapons, armour and items to make friends after all, you’ve signed up for a battle to the death with many other players to see who remains standing once the dust has settled.
If you want to gain a significant baseline advantage in Realm Royale one of the first places you should turn to is the options menu. While it might be a little intimidating if you’ve never been one to tinker with settings, making positive changes here is a straightforward process that can significantly impact your play with minimum fuss.
Tweaking settings becomes especially important if your PC is struggling to run Realm Royale and you’re seeing a few frame rate issues here and there. Regardless of whether you’re running the game easily, or just managing to eek out enough FPS, getting stuck into the options menu is a must if you want to bag the best possible gameplay experience.
To help you out we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through how to change your Realm Royale settings to get the best possible FPS out of your system, and gain a competitive edge over your enemies as a result.
When you’re done here, make sure you check out our Realm Royale guide as it’s constantly being updated with ways to help you get better at the game!
How to get best FPS settings
Here are all the settings you’ll need to tweak in order to get the best possible performance from Realm Royale.
Getting to game settings
First, you’ll need to navigate to the “Options” menu:
- Once you’re at the main menu screen, select “Options”.
- You’ll automatically be in the right “Video” menu where you can tweak a whole bunch of different video options.
If you’re playing on a laptop
If you’re playing on a laptop, make sure you’re running the game on a “Performance Mode” and close down any unnecessary programs as this’ll free up a great deal of memory.
Got a browser like Google Chrome open? Got tonnes of tabs sitting around? You’d be surprised how much memory Google Chrome eats up, so ensure you’ve got it closed when playing Realm Royale for to optimise performance.
Watch out for overheating issues too. If things are getting a bit toasty under the hood it can start negatively impacting performance, and if left to slow cook, can actually damage your system permanently. We’d recommend either gaming in a cool space, or buying a fan pad which’ll shoot air upwards into your laptop to keep things nice and chilly.
Finally – this all applies to those who are gaming on PCs as well. These tips might sound a little trivial, but trust us, they can make a world of difference.
- Use D3D11 – Set this to Enabled.
- Resolution – Set this to your monitor’s native resolution.
- Screen Type – It’s best to go Full Screen.
- Resolution Scale – We recommend going 100.
- Anti-Aliasing – Turn this Off.
- Vertical Sync – Disable this.
- World Detail – Set this to Very High.
- Shadow Detail – Reduce this to High.
- Texture Detail – Reduce this to High.
- Particle Detail – Reduce this to High.
- Shader Quality – Set this all the way down to Medium.
- Guide – Our core Realm Royale guide containing all our detailed coverage – Realm Royale – Guide
- Best Class Tier List – Our ranking of the best classes to play in Realm Royale – Realm Royale – Best class tier list
- Map Guide – All the zones and Forge locations that you can find in the game – Realm Royale – Map guide (Forge locations and loot spots)
- Tips and Tricks – Our growing collecton of tips for winning more matches – Realm Royale – Tips, tricks and strategy advice
- Shards and Forges – How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge – Realm Royale – How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge
Just follow this simple step by step guide:
- Click the arrow in the bottom right of your desktop tray to bring up an icon menu. Right click the Nvidia logo (green and black) and select “NVIDIA Control Panel”.
- Select “Manage 3D Settings” followed by “Program Settings” and find “Realm Royale” or “TslGame” in the drop down menu entitled “Select program to customise”. If you can’t find it, click “Add”, find “Realm” and select it.
- Set “Maximum pre-rendered frames” to 1.
- Set “Monitor Technology” to “G-SYNC” if applicable. Otherwise leave it be.
- Set “Power management mode” to “Prefer maximum performance”.
- Set “Preferred refresh rate” to “Highest Available”.
- Set “Threaded Optimisation” to “On”.
- Set “Vertical Sync” to “Use the 3D application setting”.
Make sure you check out our Realm Royale System Requirements page if you’re unsure if your PC can run the game at all!