Fizz Spider Aggro deck list guide – Season of Plunder – Legends of Runeterra (May 2020)
More fuel for the aggressive amongst us.
Our Fizz Spider Aggro deck list guide features the best Legends of Runeterra deck list for the Season of Plunder (May 2020). Our Fizz Spider Aggro guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
If you’re looking for a rundown of the best decks Legends of Runeterra has to offer, check out our Legends of Runeterra Best Decks page!
Spider Aggro is a deck we’ll be seeing in various iterations in Legends of Runeterra. Of course, it relies heavily on Elise, but slotting in other Regions and Champions can give the archetype that extra bit of spice.
From the original Spider Aggro deck list, you’re trading out the Noxus spider synergies for Fizz and a whole bunch of Bilgewater’s aggressive tools.
It’s a weird one to play if you’ve gotten used to the Elise/Darius version, but get to grips with Fizz and he’ll be an absolute delight for you.
In the latest version of our Fizz Spider Aggro guide, we’ve got the deck list we’re using for Legends of Runeterra’s Season of Plunder. The initial version was inspired by player Sittinzombie
|2 x Crawling Sensation||3 x Fizz|
|3 x Barkbeast||2 x Pick a Card|
|2 x Vile Feast||3 x Pocket Aces|
|3 x Elise||3 x Jagged Taskmaster|
|3 x Glimpse Beyond||3 x Salvage|
|3 x Cursed Keeper||1 x Citrus Courier|
|1 x Frenzied Skitterer|
|3 x Blighted Caretaker|
|2 x Withering Wail|
|3 x Brood Awakening|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then click ‘Import Deck’ in Legends of Runeterra’s Collection to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: CEBQEAQFAQDAIAQGDUXDOPIEAECTAMJSGUBACAQGFMBQCBI5EQUAEAIBAU4ACAQGCE
This deck is heavily focused on tempo and playing fast. Going in for the enemy Nexus is your key to victory with Fizz Spider Aggro, and you’ll want to finish your foes before they can get a foothold in the game.
Early game: Your low-cost cards need to hit the board ASAP. Turn 1 Fizz into turn 2 Elise is ideal, but you’ve got all sorts of cheap units to contest early on. Barkbeast buffs to a 1 mana 3/3 when another friendly unit dies, and Cursed Keeper is a great choice when you have the likes of Glimpse Beyond in hand too. You basically want to pressure your foe into making poor decisions and get some Nexus damage in as much as possible. Upgrading Elise early can spell a swift death for your opponent, so get as many spiders on board as possible if you can.
Mid Game: The new Blighted Caretaker is one you’ll want to play once you’ve already got a bit of a board. It’ll summon 2 Saplings in return for killing an ally – summoning a 4/4 if that ally was a Cursed Keeper.
Throughout the whole game, you should be pushing damage to the foe’s Nexus, helped massively by the likes of Jagged Taskmaster, who gives all your 1-cost units +1 attack. This includes all spiders summoned by both Elise and Crawling Sensation. Frenzied Skitterer, Brood Awakening, and Pocket Aces can help you get that last bit of damage if you’re looking for lethal.
Late Game: Late on, you’re just looking for a final push. Pick a Card can help you get a bit of extra ammo in hand late on, and the upgraded Fizz generates copies of Chum the Waters, allowing you to hit enemy units with Longtooth‘s Overwhelm ability, especially after a bonus attack granted by Citrus Courier. All these should hopefully force your opponent to low enough health that they can’t get any of their fancy combos going, leading you to victory.
- 1. Deck Tier List – Legends of Runeterra: Deck Tier List
- 2. Best Decks – Legends of Runeterra: Best Decks
- 3. Best Budget Decks – Legends of Runeterra: Best Budget Decks (January 2020)
- 4. Fearsome Midrange guide – Legends of Runeterra: Teemo Mushroom deck list guide
- 5. Rivershaper Fiora deck guide – Legends of Runeterra: Rivershaper Fiora deck list guide
Fizz Spider Aggro Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with Fizz Spider Aggro:
- 1. Fizz is a fantastic keep early on. He’ll often survive turn 1, and then you’ll be able to start casting cheap spells to make him Elusive and untargetable by enemy spells and skills. This’ll let you start getting damage off super early.
- 2. Barkbeast is essentially a 1 mana 3/3, but the boost is delayed until another friendly unit dies.
- 3. Elise is always a good early card to keep. Constant spiders coming through and attacking is usually hard for your opponent to deal with.
Fizz Spider Aggro tips, combos and synergies
Here’s an overview of the synergies to look out for in this Fizz Spider Aggro deck. Keep an eye out for more once the metagame has time to grow.
– When Fizz upgrades, after you’ve cast 6+ spells this game (he doesn’t have to be on board for this), he is able to upgrade to be even more powerful. You get a Chum the Waters spell in hand for every Nexus Strike with levelled up Fizz, meaning you can spend 4 mana for a 5/1 Longtooth with Overwhelm, as well as giving an enemy unit Vulnerable to let Longtooth attack it.
– Make use of your removal spells to get rid of enemy threats. Early Champion units can be gotten rid of thanks to Vile Feast, putting you on the front foot and avoiding the enemy snowballing.
– Units with Fearsome can’t be blocked by enemies with under 3 Power. This often forces your foe to block small units with much stronger ones, or forego blocking altogether.
– If your Elise dies off, your Spiders all lose Fearsome and Challenger, so try to use Challenger to keep her out of harm’s way.
– Frenzied Skitterer can force your opponents into being unable to block Fearsome units. Reducing their attack to below 3 could open you up to a bunch of strong attacks, as well as buffing your own Spiders by +1/+0 too.
– Glimpse Beyond lets you draw cards at the cost of killing one of your own units. However, Cursed Keeper is a great candidate for this, as he summons a 4/4 Escaped Abomination upon death.
– Jagged Taskmaster‘s Plunder ability grants 1 cost allies everywhere +1 power. This may not seem great, only applying directly to Fizz and Barkbeast in your deck, but it also affects the 1 cost Spiders summoned by everything from Elise to Crawling Sensation.
– Salvage is a Burst spell that lets you draw 2 cards for 4 mana. It also has ‘Toss 2’, which basically removes 2 non-champion cards from the bottom of your deck. Whilst having a smaller deck may seem bad, it improves your chances of getting your stronger cards and you’re pretty unlikely to go through your whole deck before either winning or losing.