Heimerdemacia deck list guide – Open Beta – Legends of Runeterra (February 2020)
Lux and Heimerdinger team up to make a big bunch of bots.
Our Heimerdemacia deck list guide features the best Legends of Runeterra deck list for the open beta (February 2020). Our Heimerdemaia guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
If you’re looking for a rundown of the best decks Legends of Runeterra has to offer, check out our Legends of Runeterra Best Decks page!
Heimerdinger is your most important card here by far. If you manage to get him stuck onto the board, a unit will be generated every single time you cast a spell. You’ll have some tasty combos to call on here too, with the likes of Flash of Brilliance doubling the value of your spells and setting you on your way to upgrading Heimerdinger.
Because Heimerdinger is your win condition, you may well struggle against decks with a lot of hard removal, including ones using the Shadow Isles’ glut of single target effects. Even so, drawing well, as well as using Lux and your numerous spells correctly, you’ll be able to squeeze out wins without raising your dongers.
In the latest version of our Heimerdemacia guide, we’ve got the deck list we’re using for the open beta of Legends of Runeterra.
|Piltover and Zaun||Demacia|
|3 x Thermogenic Beam||1 x Chain Vest|
|3 x Jury-Rig||1 x Purify|
|1 x Rummage||1 x En Garde|
|3 x Mystic Shot||2 x Prismatic Barrier|
|3 x Flash of Brilliance||3 x Succession|
|3 x Get Excited!||3 x Vanguard Redeemer|
|1 x Statikk Shock||2 x Detain|
|3 x Heimerdinger||2 x Lux|
|2 x Progress Day!||3 x Remembrance|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then click ‘Import Deck’ in Legends of Runeterra’s Collection to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: CEBAGAIAEEXTMBQBAQIBWHBHGQ4AEAIBAQYQGAIADEQCUAQCAECACHYDAEAA2GZS
Your limited number of units all hold huge importance when it comes to the success rate of this deck. If you’re unlucky enough to not draw any of them early on, things get pretty damn tough, but you’ll often be able to find ways around things if you play smartly.
Early game: You’ll be starting slowly. Removal spells like Thermogenic Beam and Mystic Shot are pretty vital to staying alive against aggro, and summoning the likes of Scrap Scuttler through Jury-Rig is important for having some kind of blocking presence on board.
In addition, your Scrap Scuttler dying off means you’ll be able to activate the Play effect of your Vanguard Redeemer. Drawing a unit is massive for this deck, since chances are you’ll be getting one of your Champions. Ideally, having a Heimerdinger in hand early and storing up spell mana sets you up for an absolutely banging turn 5, so give that a shot if possible. Otherwise, just keep using your various removal spells to avoid an early death – don’t worry about losing Heimerdinger value. Killing a small unit with Mystic Shot early on is far better than saving the spell for a Heimerdinger proc.
Mid game: If you can get Heimerdinger down on the board, now is a great time to cast Flash of Brilliance. It’ll get you a 3/1 with Elusive in hand, as well as refilling your spell mana to cast another spell if possible. When used alongside something like Succession, you can get a bunch of value on board very swiftly, as well as halfway upgrading Heimerdinger in a single turn. These 3/1 turrets with Elusive are your ticket to victory too – Elusive is a huge pain for many decks to deal with, and you’ve got a massive number of 3-cost spells to keep summoning these guys.
If big enemy units come along, Detain them, which will ideally summon you a 5/1 turret with Quick Attack, and if you get the opportunity, Lux’s Barrier ability will often mean she can survive a turn after being played, further extending the value of your spells. Basically, if Heimerdinger and Lux stick on the board and you can handle the face hits your enemy is doing, you’ll be home free. Prismatic Barrier and your removal spells can protect your Champions to help you here.
Late game: Vanguard Redeemer should draw you additional copies of your units if needed, and if they began as upgraded versions, they’ll stay upgraded. Progress Day! is an excellent Burst option to refuel your hand, and gives you a chonky 8/8 T-Hex if you happen to have Heimerdinger on board.
Late on, just keep blocking enemies from taking you out and you should have the fuel to secure the win. Remember – Heimerdinger should be kept alive at all costs – protect him with your hand.
- 1. Deck Tier List – Legends of Runeterra: Deck Tier List
- 2. Best Decks to Try – Legends of Runeterra: Best Decks to Try
- 3. What do all the Keywords mean? – Legends of Runeterra: Keywords guide – What do they mean?
- 4. Best Budget Decks – Legends of Runeterra: Best Budget Decks (January 2020)
- 5. Expeditions guide – Legends of Runeterra: Expeditions guide
Heimerdemacia Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with Heimerdemacia:
- 1. Heimerdinger is a 5-cost unit, but is vital to the success of this deck. Hold on to him to maximise your chances.
- 2. Failing that, Vanguard Redeemer gives you a decent chance of drawing him. Just remember you need a unit to die this turn before its effect goes off.
- 3. If you’ve got one of these in hand, your next priority is early-game removal like Mystic Shot and Thermogenic Beam. There’s no point in having all this value if you’re going to die on turn 4.
Heimerdemacia tips, combos and synergies
Here’s an overview of the synergies to look out for in this Heimerdemacia deck. Keep an eye out for more once the metagame has time to grow.
– Mystic Shot is usually best used on enemy units – particularly Elusive ones. However, in the later game, it can hit the enemy Nexus to finish them off if possible.
– Jury-Rig is a solid card to use when you’re discarding, as it summons you a 1/1 Scrap Scuttler when you discard it. Keep it in mind when playing the likes of Rummage or Get Excited!
– Statikk Shock draws you a card, but only if you have two enemies to target with it. You can target the enemy Nexus, but if they have no units, you won’t be able to cast it.
– Progress Day! is a great option when it’s getting late on in the game and you’re running low on resources. The spell’s cost reduction of the cards you draw can let you cast them immediately if you have enough mana.
– Lux offers a bunch of value with your spells too – with every 6 mana you spend while she’s in play, you’ll get a Fleeting Final Spark spell for 0 mana. This takes out enemy units whilst dealing the remaining damage to their Nexus, thanks to Overwhelm.
– Remembrance can be discounted if friendly units have died on the same turn, but the discounts will also alter the type of turret summoned by Heimerdinger. Right click on the Champion to see which unit can be generated by each spell cost.
– Detain is a cheap and efficient way to get enemy units off the board. Remember though, you have to put your own unit on the line for it to work, so it might be best to use an Elusive turret or something else less likely to be killed off by your foe.